Heel Lock Lacing
Are you tired of your shoes constantly slipping off your feet while you run or hike?
Introducing: the Heel Lock Lacing technique, a game-changing method for securing your shoes and preventing slippage.
With this easy-to-follow guide, you'll be able to lace your shoes like a pro and enjoy your outdoor activities. So, whether you're a runner, hiker, or just someone who wants to keep their shoes on their feet, keep reading to learn how to master the Heel Lock Lacing technique!
Heel lock lacing: how it can help you?
Heel lock lacing is a technique that can be used to prevent your heel from slipping inside your shoe. This is especially important when you are in motion, as heel slipping can lead to instability and distraction, which may eventually lead to accidents.
Heel lock lacing is often used on shoes designed for athletes or for activities that require a lot of heel-to-toe movement, such as running or dancing. This lacing method can also be used to adjust the fit of a shoe, making it tighter in the heel and looser in the toe area. This technique is relatively simple and can be done with any type of shoelace.
The benefits of heel lock lacing.
- It helps to prevent injury. When your heel is not locked in place, it can rub against the back of your shoe, which can lead to blisters or other injuries.
- Heel locking helps to improve your balance and posture. When your heel is not locked in place, it can cause you to shift your weight forward, which can lead to falls or other accidents.
- Heel locking helps to improve your performance. When your heel is not locked in place, it can restrict your range of motion, making it difficult to run or jump.
How to tie your laces using the heel lock lacing technique.
- Start with a crisscross lacing style from the bottom of the shoe to the top
- Take the left lace and thread through the top-left eyelet to form a loop at the top of the shoe
- Repeat with the right shoelace, which should leave you with a left and right loop on the upper and outer eyelets
- Crisscross the lace and thread through the loops
- Pull tight to create the lace lock
- Tie a balanced knot to keep the heel lock in place
Tip: Those two extra eyelets on the top of your shoes! Well, they're there for a reason. These can be used to lock the heel in place.
Off-White Oval Shoelaces
Available in various colors, oval shoelaces are an easy way to add some flair to your sneakers or running shoes, making you stand out from the crowd.
Elastic Lock Laces
Elastic lock laces are popular shoelaces with active people who want to easily and quickly slip on and off their shoes without the need for tying and untying. The laces are adjustable and feature a locking mechanism that secures them in place, preventing them from coming undone during physical activities such as running or hiking.
Round Laces with Metal Aglets
Round laces with metal aglets add a stylish touch to the laces and help prevent fraying, making them a popular choice for athletic and fashion footwear.
To tie things up.
Even though shoe lacing techniques can help with injury prevention and enhance performance, they should never replace a properly fitted pair of shoes. A properly fitting running shoe should feel snug in the heel and mid-foot, with wiggle room around the toes.
It's important to remember that if your shoes need replacing, replace them and use different ways to tie your shoes to add additional comfort and support to your feet.
Heel lock lacing is a simple but effective way to prevent your heel from slipping inside your shoe. This technique can help you avoid accidents by keeping your heel in place while you are in motion. Heel lock lacing is easy to do and only takes a few seconds, so there is no excuse not to try it out. Give it a go the next time you tie your shoes and see for yourself how much difference it can make.
Need help finding laces?
We recognise that new sneakers can get expensive, an inexpensive way to refresh or tailor them is with new shoelaces.
At Kicks, we offer a large variety of shoelaces in various colours and styles, from no-tie shoelaces to on-trend rope laces and quick laces. No matter what type of laces you buy, styling your sneakers with new shoelaces is a way to show off your personality and an affordable way to give your sneakers a fresh, clean look. We think it's money well spent!
With over 300+ positive product reviews, 30-day returns policy and free shipping available. You can't go wrong with Kicks Shoelaces!
Shop now and find the perfect pair of laces.