Lacing Shoes for Wide Feet
If you have a wide forefoot, you know the challenges of finding shoes that fit well. Lacing your shoes correctly can make a big difference in getting a comfortable, secure fit. In this article, we'll share tips on lacing your shoes for a wide forefoot.
Why lacing your shoes correctly is essential for wide feet.
If you have wide feet, lacing your shoes correctly is important for two main reasons: comfort and security. A comfortable fit is essential for any shoe, but it's especially important for shoes that you'll be wearing for long periods or during activities that require a lot of movement. Lacing your shoes evenly will help distribute pressure across your foot more evenly, preventing hot spots and discomfort. A secure fit is also crucial for wide feet, as a loose shoe can rub and cause blisters. Lacing your shoes correctly will help to keep them snug without being too tight.
Things to keep in mind when lacing shoes for wide feet:
- Start with the correct shoe size. This is the most crucial step in getting a comfortable fit. If your shoes are too small, they will be uncomfortable no matter how you lace them. Make sure to try on shoes and walk around in them before you buy to make sure they're the right size.
- Use extra laces if needed. If you find that your shoes are too loose even when laced tightly, try using an extra pair of laces or lacing them in a different pattern (such as criss-crossing the laces at the widest part of your foot).
- Be careful not to lace them too tightly. Shoes that are too tight can be just as uncomfortable as shoes that are too loose. Lacing them too tightly can also cause problems like blisters and numbness.
- Avoid heel slippage. Heel slippage can be a problem when wearing shoes with wide feet. To help prevent this, make sure to lace your shoes snugly and tie them securely. You may also want to consider using a heel lock lacing technique.
- Make adjustments as needed. If you find that your shoes are still not fitting correctly after trying different lacing techniques, don't hesitate to make further adjustments. This may include trying another size shoe or width or adding supports or pads to your shoes.
These are common mistakes when lacing shoes for wide feet, which can lead to discomfort and injury. By being aware of these tips, you can help ensure a comfortable and safe fit.
Lacing shoe for wide feet.
This method of lacing your shoes will help to provide comfort, support and a secure fit.
- Start by lacing the shoe down into the first eyelets from the bottom.
- Instead of criss-crossing the laces at the widest part of your foot, thread the laces up the side of the shoe through the next set of eyelets.
- Continue with a criss-cross lacing style to finish.
Focus: This lacing style provides more space in the toe box.
Wide feet in general
This lacing style can help loosen the entire shoe to give your foot more space and comfort.
- Lace the shoe using the crisscross lacing method.
- Thread the shoelace through every other eyelet.
- Tie up the shoe as usual.
Focus: This lacing style provides more space across the whole foot.
To tie things up.
There's no one-size-fits-all answer to the question of how to lace shoes for wide feet. However, by trying different lacing techniques and making adjustments as needed, you can find a method that works for you. This will help you avoid common mistakes and ensure a comfortable, safe fit.
And while it may seem like a minor detail, the way you lace your shoes can significantly impact your comfort and performance. If your laces are too loose, you may experience foot fatigue or even blistering. Conversely, if your laces are too tight, you may end up with numbness in your toes or constriction in your blood vessels. The key is to find the sweet spot where your laces are snug but not too tight. Finally, lacing your shoes correctly can help prolong the life of your shoes. Shoes that are constantly slipping off or that don't fit properly are more likely to wear down quickly. By taking the time to lace your shoes correctly, you can help keep them in good condition for longer.
If these lacing styles do not help, you can look at a few of these brands.
Need help finding laces?
If you want to add a little flair and personality to your shoes, look no further than Kicks Shoelaces. You can't go wrong with over 300+ positive product reviews and free shipping available. Shop now and find the perfect pair of laces!